Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A healthy, fresh and delicious salsa that utilizes the wonderful radish. This is a Salvadoran recipe that is traditionally served with carne asada, but it also goes great with fish, tofu or chicken. It even is wonderful as a dip for tortilla chips or veggies! :)
- 1 cup radish, chopped in medium fine dice
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped in medium fine dice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Ive known this as "CURTIDO" and "CHIMOL" is a tomato based sauce or salsa for Carne Asada?
Pretty good recipe, a good twist on the traditional spiciness of salsa. Next time I will grill the tomatoes a bit first, add a Tablespoon of fresh lime juice, and a teaspoon of sugar as well to bring out more of the great flavor of the radishes.
This is a great salsa that can be used in many ways. A traditional salsa used at cookouts on steak! although when we make this at my house we grill the tomato just a litlle twist!!