Juicy and Spicy Marinade (Pollo and Carne Asada)
Good marinade for beef or chicken. After marinating, use the sauce to cook meat in or to baste grilled meat.
- Ready In:
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano (thanks Chef #303700)
- Use any mixture of chosen citrus.
- Marinate meat 2-24 hours. Cook as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007. Jamilah is my first baby for this PAC and what a gem. Loved the citrusy flavors and kick from the hot peppers.I'm tempted to add some type of herbs next time I make this...or maybe a little allspice.Thanks Jamilah! UPDATE:April 21/2010 I made this again to marinate pork chops and added 2 tsp. Oregano....just super yummy!