Chimichurri Burgers With Gouda Cheese
- For sauce, combine garlic and jalapeno chile in food processor. Process until finely minced. Add parsley; process until finely minced. Scrape down work bowl. Add oil, vinegar and salt; process until well combined. Transfer to small bowl. Stir in oregano and red pepper flakes. Let season 2 hours, if possible.
- For burgers, prepare barbecue grill or have a ridged grill pan ready. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri sauce into a large bowl. Add meat, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 balls. Form each ball into a thin patty, about 5 inches in diameter. Divide cheese over four of the patties, and top with remaining patties. Seal edges well, enclosing cheese.
- Grill patties over medium-hot coals or in a preheated ridged grill pan 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature of meat reaches 160°F If desired, place buns, cut sides down on grill during last 1 minute of cooking or toast in oven or under broiler. Place patties in buns and serve with remaining chimichurri sauce.
- NOTE: If desired, additional gouda cheese, thinly sliced, may be placed over patties during the last minute of cooking.