Recipe by PaulaG
The recipe is from Cuisine at Home. A delightful addition to grilled meats. When splitting the bread, try doing it by hand. This gives the bread a rustic look and leaves lots of nooks and crannies for the butter. When I split the bread I used a dinner fork and was able to "fork split" the baguette. I have adjusted the amount of ingredients.
Top Review by Starrynews
Yum! This smelled amazing while grilling and tasted great. I did lose some topping to the grill with it buttered side down, so I may keep it upright next time. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh parsley, lightly packed, chopped
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small dish, mash together the butter, Parmesan, herbs, pepper flakes, garlic and salt; stir in t he parsley.
- Split the baguette in half horizontally, spread with butter over cut side and place of grill, buttered side down, toast 1 to 2 minutes.