Italian Style Skillet Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices.
- In large skillet over medium hi cook zucchini and onion in oil for 2 to 3 minutes stirring until just beginning to brown.
- Add stock; Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until evaporated and zucchini is tender crisp.
- In medium bowl combine tomatoes basil garlic and pepper; stir in zucchini and heat for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Join The Conversation
A very nice side dish--it's very attractive and tastes good. I thought it was a little bland, but also think that subtleness makes it appealing as a side dish accompanying a more flamboyant entree. I used caution adding the basil--not all of us like that much. I put in as much as I thought the crowd here would enjoy.
This was a "fresh and clean" tasting dish and was very enjoyable. I only had one medium red tomato (from the store, yuck!)so I took about 12 yellow cherry tomatoes from the garden to make up the difference. Sadly.. I was also out of parmesan so I made it without cheese. It was still very, very good and refreshing. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe Fluffy! (hehe love the name)