Italian Marinated Zucchini
- Ready In:
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Wash, slice, pat-dry and fry the zucchini in oil.
- When golden brown remove from oil and rid of excess fat on paper towel.
- Wash mint leaves. Need about 6. Chop them up.
- Arrange zucchini in a serving platter and flavor with vinegar mixed with chopped mint, and garlic cloves.
- Place in refrigerator once cooled off to chill.
- Salt and pepper to taste .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are sold in antipasto counter in Italy and are wonderfull! Slice diagonally for better presentation and can be grilled instead of fried, to get those griddle marks. Must be chilled overnight to marinate properly. Serve with cold meats, cheese, olives etc... The ones we tasted in Italy were pretty salty and vinegary, almost like caper-salty, and that is the way we like to have them.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love Recipezaar! The recipes and people have helped me create dishes I would never have done by myself. I finally have gotten the knack of bread (which I love) because of this site. I am on the go workaholic who loves cooking and serving good fresh food to my family. Brought up with Italian food. Inspired by my grandmother who I should have paid more attention to while she was cooking and baking. Mother is a very good cook and a little sneaky. Liver, rabbit, duck, tripe, lamb and meat family would get on hunting trips was served often. Can't really do that with my family as they don't like these different dishes as I do and have protested. Family from Chieti & Naples Italy. My pet peeve is overcooking pasta. I like it al dente everytime and never add sugar to my tomato sauce. My motto is I would rather have a little of a good , natural thing than a lot of no-fat low-fat stuff.</p>