Italian Marinated Eggplant (Aubergine)
photo by joe.sicily
- Ready In:
- Peel eggplant.
- Cut the eggplants into thin long strips, like french fries.
- Place in a colander, sprinkle with the salt, and set a plate and a weight on top. Set the colander in a large bowl and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Squeeze as much water as you can from eggplant.
- Place water and vinegar to boil.
- Place eggplant in boiling water for 3 minutes only. Don't over cook or will be mushy.
- Drain in colander, set a plate and a weight on top. Set colander in a large bowl and set aside for at least 4 hours I do overnight.
- Squeeze any remaining liquid you can out of eggplant. Put eggplant in glass jar with fresh garlic cloves , fresh cut into big chunks hot peppers, fresh mint and good drizzle of olive oil. Shake up and refrigerate. Makes 1 quart. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love Recipezaar! The recipes and people have helped me create dishes I would never have done by myself. I finally have gotten the knack of bread (which I love) because of this site. I am on the go workaholic who loves cooking and serving good fresh food to my family. Brought up with Italian food. Inspired by my grandmother who I should have paid more attention to while she was cooking and baking. Mother is a very good cook and a little sneaky. Liver, rabbit, duck, tripe, lamb and meat family would get on hunting trips was served often. Can't really do that with my family as they don't like these different dishes as I do and have protested. Family from Chieti & Naples Italy. My pet peeve is overcooking pasta. I like it al dente everytime and never add sugar to my tomato sauce. My motto is I would rather have a little of a good , natural thing than a lot of no-fat low-fat stuff.</p>