Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love octopus and thought this recipe sounded amazing. Have not tried this yet but wanted keep a copy so decided to store it here on Zaar. Prep and cooking time does not include time to marinate.
- 2 kg baby octopus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Remove and discard heads and beaks from octopus, cut octopus in half.
- Combine octopus, rind, juice, oil, sauce and garlic in large bowl, cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain octopus from marinade and discard marinade.
- Add octopus to heated skillet or barbecue, cook over high heat until just tender.
Nice recipe. We used fresh, finely sliced chili instead of the sauce. I think it needed about 4 hours of marinating as it was a bit tough still.
This is a really great recipe. I too used frozen, cleaned baby octopus, allowing them to thaw in the marinade overnight in my fridge. The key is a really hot grill - you want them to cook very quickly and have a nice char, but pull them off before they get rubbery. Even my 4 year old liked these - hot sauce and all!
These were deliciously lemony and nicely balanced between chewy and tender. Couldn't wait for a plate -- we snatched them off the grill and ate them right then and there! (Especially the crunchy tips.)