Recipe by Sonya01
sounds yummy and i love scallops
Top Review by Mike K.
Cooked this on summer holiday after catching our own scallops. Was very well received and all the males loved the red onion chilli jam. Has a real contrast of flavour with the slight chilli taste and the lemon at the other extreme. Worth doing and will be using this one again
- 2 bunches chinese broccoli, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths (gai lan)
- 20 scallops, without roe
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili pepper jelly
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the Chinese broccoli, covered, over a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the scallops with 1 tablespoon of the chilli jam. Heat a frypan over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. When hot, add the scallops and pan-fry for 1 minute on each side until just cooked. Remove from the frypan and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to pan and reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon chilli jam and broccoli, tossing to coat. Remove from heat and stir in soy.
- Serve vegetables in bowls with scallops.