Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I often make this Damper for the adults on 26 January to celebrate Australia Day. The boys eat their slice of Chilli Damper with their beer and a snag. The kiddies have a damper minus the chilli and beer.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chile (you can leave in the seeds if you desire)
- 24 ounces beer, any kind
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased bread pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and the loaf appears done.
- Cool on a rack.
- May be served with a topping spread made of Cream Cheese with finely chopped chilli and coriander through it.
- You just have to have a beer with this damper!
This was very good. I had it with Sandy Kay's Crockpot texas chili and it was all wonderful. I used green chilies, I couldn't find red, but it was still wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.
We like this alot! I included the seeds of the chili which makes this very zippy-- just to our tastes. Nice that you can put this together with things we normally already have on hand. Thanks for posting.
Very simple, tastey quickbread!! I also used green chillies from a can, it was all I could find but they worked just fine. We didn't bother with topping it just didn't seem to need it, delicious standing alone, and went wonderfully with chilli, thanks for sharing we will definately be making this again.