Recipe by Chrissyo
I often make this Damper for the adults on 26 January to celebrate Australia Day. The boys eat their slice of Chilli Damper with their beer and a snag. The kiddies have a damper minus the chilli and beer.
Top Review by dayla
This was very good. I had it with Sandy Kay's Crockpot texas chili and it was all wonderful. I used green chilies, I couldn't find red, but it was still wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chile (you can leave in the seeds if you desire)
- 24 ounces beer, any kind
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased bread pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown and the loaf appears done.
- Cool on a rack.
- May be served with a topping spread made of Cream Cheese with finely chopped chilli and coriander through it.
- You just have to have a beer with this damper!