Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This goes really well with seafood or chicken
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 60 ml water
- 80 ml lime juice
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 80 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a pan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Then stir in the coriander.
Very good sauce! Served it with some simple baked chicken breasts and a salad. The sauce leaves room to spice up with some chilies and garlic, which I will do next time!
We loved this sauce! I spooned it generously over some fried eggplant with was a perfect foil for the spicy sauce. Don't be afraid of the unusual combination of ingredients...they work! I had to use canned, diced tomatoes, drained and the sauce didn't seem to suffer much. I also increased the chili sauce because we like SPICY! This recipe goes into my cookbook, Latchy...thanks.