Chatni Gashneez (coriander Chutney)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup of roughly chopped coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup vinegar
- Pack chopped coriander (leaves) firmly into cup to measure.
- Peel garlic and chop roughly; slit chili, remove seeds and chop roughly.
- Place prepared ingredients and walnuts in blender or food processor container and process until a textured paste is achieved, adding lemon juice or vinegar gradually while processing.
- Add salt to taste, place ina bowl and chill until required.
- Serve with kababs.
- Note: If you have no processor or blender, pass ingredients through food grinder with fine screen, or chop ingredients finely, then pound with a pestle in a mortar.
- Gradually stir in lemon juice or vinegar and add salt to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Refreshing, palate cleansing and fresh-tasting. I made a half-quantity but forgot to half the quantity of lemon juice - even so, it was delicious. With the correct proportion of lemon juice, this would be a good accompaniment to many things, from grilled cheese to tandoori chicken! Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.Reply