Recipe by Oolala
From The Enchanted Broccoli Forest Cookbook. Takes about 50 minutes to prepare and several hours to chill.
Top Review by Mr. Capers
We found this interesting. It lives up to its name so, if you like eating a bowl of marinated mushrooms, you will like this soup. We are not planning on making it again. There are other chilled soups that we like better.
- 12 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chives or 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely minced, packed
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- fresh thyme sprig, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms, onion, garlic, bay leaf, white wine, water, salt and pepper into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, uncovered, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add all other ingredients, except lemon slices.
- Mix well and chill in the refrigerator until very cold.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh thyme sprigs if you like.