Recipe by Um Safia
Perfect for lazy sunny afternoons. This soup is lovely and light yet will hit the spot... Serve well chilled with some fresh crusty bread. You can also serve warm if preferred.
- 500 g potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 large leeks, washed & sliced
- 80 g watercress
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 280 ml single cream (light)
- 50 g butter
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pan over low heat. Add potatoes and leeks and sweat off gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and gently cook for around 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the watercress (put 4 sprigs to one side for the garnish). add 3/4 of the cream and blend in a blender/processor until completely smooth.
- Season to taste then chill well before serving. Serve with a swirl of cream and a sprig if watercress.