Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ridiculously easy and very refreshing.
Make and share this Chilled Cream of Celery Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups water
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a medium saucepan simmer water, celery, onion, and caraway seeds until celery is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cool mixture slightly and in a blender puree in batches until smooth, transferring to a bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste).
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Super easy, mild and refined! I made this vegan by using rice and cashew milk, and a splash of vinegar. Will definitely make again!
Definately easy and I made it even easier by using my Vita-Mix. Placed all the ingredients in the Vita-Mix along with some hot water and processed until steaming about 5 minutes. Poured the soup into a glass container and refrigerated until serving time. Added the chilled buttermilk just before serving. The buttermilk adds a nice twang. This soup did require salt and it was topped off with fresh ground pepper. Thanks for sharing this easy, easy recipe.
Delicious! I served this soup warm instead. Added one clove of garlic and 1 tablespoon butter. Heated the buttermilk, but made sure not to burn. Ideally, one would want to use the best quality celery you can find since it is the star of the show. The caraway was a welcomed "treat". Served with the Mexican version of French bread called bolillos. As the intro says, this soup is ridiculously easy to prepare and Ev was right! Can't wait to try this next summer as a chilled soup! Thanks for posting. cg