Cream of Celery Soup
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- In a large saucepan bring to boil the celery and enough salted water to cover it.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until the celery is very tender.
- Drain celery, discarding liquid.
- Place half of the cooked celery in a food processor bowl.
- Cover and process until very finely chopped.
- Repeat with remaining cooked celery.
- (You should have about 2 1/2 cups finely chopped celery and liquid; do not drain mixture.) In the same large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and cook until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in flour, salt, and white pepper.
- Stir in milk all at once.
- Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Stir in the celery mixture.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes more.
- Serves 6.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!