Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you need an easy covered dish, this one might work for you. I prefer the white corn but yellow corn is okay too.
- 16 ounces white corn, frozen
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly milled
- Cook the corn according to package directions and allow it to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooled corn with the onion, green pepper, and the parsley. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar. Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour prior to serving.
I made this salad to go with Bone Man's Savory Baked Potatoes and roasted chicken last night. Red bell peppers were used because they're sweeter and white corn because that's what we prefer. This is a simple recipe to put together and will be made again many times. I'm looking forward to weather conducive to grilling and this will be on the menu for sure.