Recipe by MarraMamba
A delicious soup for hot summer months from the caribbean, without to many ingredients, easy to make. time does not include 1 hour chilling
Top Review by Chef Kate
This a very beautiful soup --- a lovely pale green with a swirl of white from the coconut milk and a touch of darker green from the chives. It is important that the avocado be perfectly ripe and that really good stock is used. I used homemade, unsalted chicken stock; I would also like to try this with roasted vegetable stock. Also, I used my immersion blender and then strained the soup. It neds a good dose of seasoning as chilling dulls the effect of the salt. Thanks, Marra!
- 6 avocados, ripe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced finely
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 limes, the juice of
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- and salt and black pepper
- thick coconut milk (optional) or cream (optional)
- chives, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine avocado, garlic, half the chicken stock, lime juice, sour cream, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Mix in remaining chicken stock until smooth. Stir in hot pepper sauce.
- Chill the soup for at least 1 hour before serving, top it up with the chives (and the coconut milk if you wish, it does add to the dish).