Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Pizza was very popular in our house a while back, and when i made this favorite recently for my brother, he loved it. It's so simple to make using pita bread to make a thin & crispy base.
Top Review by flower7
This was very good and I think would have been even better if I'd had chili tuna available. I improvised by using a little sesame-chili oil when I sauteed the veg. but could have used more (I was afraid to use too much!) I had enough veg. & tuna left over to make a third pizza (and I didn't even use the full amounts of veg. called for). I love to use naan bread for pizza crust so did that here instead of the pita and used monterey jack cheese. Thanks for the nice, healthy dinner!
- 2 pieces pita bread (flat bread)
- pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 large red capsicum
- 3⁄4 medium zucchini
- 5 -6 slices sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 4 -5 large button mushrooms
- 110 g of spicy chili tuna in olive oil (if this isn't available, try experimenting with other flavours)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated low-fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for crust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180degC.
- Chop the onion and other vegetables to pieces about 1cm cubes. Heat a frying pan, drain the olive oil from the tuna can into the pan adding the onion,garlic (and optional sun-dried tomato and extra chili).
- When the onion is soft, add the capsicum & zucchini and stir until zucchini is starting to cook and remove from heat.
- Put a little olive oil around the edge of the pita bread with a pastry brush to ensure the edges don't burn (as the bread is thin it burns easily).
- Spread your pizza sauce over the bread.
- spread over with a thin layer of cheese (to stop your topping from falling off while you're eating it).
- Empty the frying pan contents onto your prepared pita bread bases and add the mushrooms and the tuna.
- Scatter the remaining cheese over the pizza and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.