Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful stew my family loves.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven , cook the beef, onion and green pepper and drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This chili is excellent and the amount of chili powder is just perfect. I made some changes to fit what I had in the cupboard and the can sizes in Canada. I used ground turkey and added extra onion and pepper a generous amount of garlic. I used kidney beans only and 1 28 oz can of tomatoes for both tomatoes and tomato sauce. I used frozen corn instead of canned corn. I served with sour cream, shredded cheddar and chives on top and with fresh baked green onion quick bread. Just a yummy Sunday dinner on a cool November day.