Recipe by Sharon123
Did you know that Christopher Columbus brought the first chili pepper to Europe from the New World? This is Texas style cookin'! You can use a spoon or spatula to put on the rub to avoid getting the spicy rub all over your hands. If chipotles are not available, you can use jalapenos or other red chilis. This is great served with Lone Star coleslaw and jalapeno cornbread.
Top Review by mightyro_cooking4u
This was very tasty and good. I didn't use a whole can of chipotles, I only use one pepper because I thought it might have been TOO hot. It was good anyway. Otherwise, I made the recipe as written. I will make this again.
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 (7 ounce) canred chipotle chilies (not the liquid)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs flank steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the garlic, cumin, and cilantro in a food processor and blend till coarsely chopped.
- Add the chilis(this will be quite spicy-use less if desired), olive oil, salt, and pepper and process until smooth.
- Rub the chili mixture onto the steak. Let the steak stand at room temperature 2-3 hours(or in the refrigerator overnight). If you refrigerate, allow the meat to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Grill over a hot falme for about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, a few minutes longer for well done. Enjoy!