1. In a small bowel, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, paprika,cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Mix together. Rub on both sides of skirt steak. Place in a container and place in fridge for at least 40 minutes to overnight.
2. Preheat the broiler and grill pan on high. Chop bell pepper into 1/2 inch slices. Slice shallot into thin 1/4 inch rings. In an large bowel, toss with 1 TBSP olive oil and place on baking sheet. Slice ciabatta into bite sized pieces. On an separate baking sheet, toss ciabatta with 1 TBSP olive oil. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder on bread.Place in oven, with veggies on upper rack and bread on lower and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Reverse trays with the bread tray on top and the veggie tray below and cook for 2 more minutes. Cook the bread until it is golden brown. Cook the veggies until they are soft and slightly charred.
4. Meanwhile, cook steak by placing on a hot grill plan for 3 minutes per side.
5. Serve salad. Place romaine on bottom, then half the veggies on each plate, then the croutons, basil, Parmesan cheese and steak. Drizzle read wine vinegar over top.