Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this yet. It is served with cabbage salad and polenta rounds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 cups shredded red cabbage
- coarse salt
- 1 (18 ounce) packageplain prepared polenta
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- Heat broiler; set rack 4 inches from heat. Whisk vinegar and 3 teaspoons oil together in a large bowl, then add the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and toss thoroughly. Refrigerate.
- Slice polenta crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet on medium heat, then add polenta and cook until golden on both sides, about 10 minutes per side. Remove to paper towel, season to taste.
- Combine chili powder, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place steak on a broiler-proof pan. Coat both sides with remaining teaspoon oil and spice mixture. Broil without turning about 10 minutes for medium-rare, then let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with cabbage salad and polenta rounds.