Recipe by RECIPE ADDICT
This is great comfort food, My husband loves it when I make it, plus its fairly simple. I've taken it on camping trips too by cooking the rice ahead and bringing it in a zip lock bag.
Top Review by The Spice Guru
This was my lunch today, after I scoured my fridge and cupboard of leftover foods I needed to use. Every one of those ingredients was staring me in the face! I even had a single whole jalapeno wrapped in plastic, which I'd forgotten to use for a photo shoot, so I chopped that up too! I crumbled Doritos Nacho cheese chips (old childhood friend), grated a beat-up cube of cheddar cheese and voila! This dish was so satisfying -- and the easiest meal I've ever made! Thank you, RECIPE ADDICT!
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup broken up corn chips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to directions.
- heat up chili.
- Spread rice out on plate.
- salt and pepper.
- layer with the heated up chili.
- then with the cheese.
- then onions and chips.
- I`ve noticed sometimes that it all cools
- too quickly so I microwave the plate first and even microwave the completed dish a lttle to make sure it is served hot.