Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty Vegetarian chili - great on a cold drizzly winter day
Make and share this Chili Non Carne recipe from Food.com.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, cut coarsely
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sage, crushed
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- In a large soup pot, saute garlic, onion, and carrots in oil.
- Add tomatoes and beans bring to boil.
- Simmer and add bay leaves and sage.
- Add dry T.V.P. (textured vegetable protein) if you wish to thicken the chili.
- Otherwise soak T.V.P. in slightly less than 1C hot water, and add to the chili.
- Season chili with a teaspoons of Tabasco and 1/4 to 1/2 C salsa.