Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Here is another great homemade bridal, hostess, house-warming, etc... gift. Along with the chili mix, I included a pot to cook the chili in and 4 chili bowls, and a jar of cornbread mix. Idea and recipe adapted from Diane Phillips' The Perfect Mix.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup masa harina
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients; stir to blend.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Include these directions with the chili mix: in a large Dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons oil; let heat over medium heat.
- Add 2 pounds ground beef or turkey; saute/stir until no longer pink.
- Add in chili mix, 1-16 ounce can tomato puree, and 2 cups water.
- Simmer for 45 minutes and stir occasionally so chili doesn't stick.
- Ladle into chili bowls.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.