Recipe by SHARON
This is a great dip for potlucks, cook outs, etc.
Top Review by chefjen
Made this for an afternoon of football watching and my SO loved it, as did I. Worked with the ingredients that I had on hand as I didn't want to go to the store - spicy sausage instead of ground beef, 4 oz. cream cheese, red pepper, cheesy taco mix, tomato sauce and salsa instead of paste and about 6-8 oz of various grated cheeses. Also, added cayenne and worstershire sauce. Really works well with adaptations etc. and is now part of our rotation for "couchy" days.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat and drain.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the meat.
- Add green pepper and onions; brown.
- Melt cream cheese on low flame.
- Add tomato paste; mix chili seasoning with 3/4 cup water.
- Add beans and cheese.
- Cook on low in crock pot for 1-2 hours.
- Serve warm with taco chips or Fritos.