Recipe by MadCity Dale
One of 3 chili samples at recipe class. Also, to be used for Racial Equality Forum by Northside Planning Council in Madison, Wisconsin. Held at the WARNER Park Community a Recreation Center, JANUARY 9, 2015.
- 1 1⁄2 . lbs meat italian meatballs
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups roasted red peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups rossario's spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cajun spices, # 452804
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (Or the real stuff)
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 2 (16 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meatballs and sausage in a dutch oven.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add onion and saute until onion is clear, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except beans, and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Serving: Place a small serving of spaghetti in bottom of large chili bowl, add heaping serving of chili on top. This then can be called Cinncinati chili or 2 way chile. Add a heaping spoonfull beans on top of chili and spaghetti. This then can be called 3 way chili. Cover with garnishes below and is called 4 way chili or "3 ways dressed". And of course chili bowl only is a good bowl of chili.
- all gone!
- Garnishes: parsley, peppercinis, capers, diced pepperoni, proscuitto, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, dice white onions, sour cream and mild cheddar cheese.