Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chili from Betty Crocker Cookbook--consistency is more like soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- Brown ground beef; add onion and green pepper and cook until almost translucent.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings and simmer gently for 2 hours, adding water or bean liquid a little at a time, if needed, to keep consistency of a thick soup.
- Add kidney beans and heat through. Remove bay leaves and serve.