Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy, delicious chili. The cooking time can be stretched to a couple hours or put in the crockpot. Serve with shredded cheese and corn bread. Perfect for chilly fall evenings!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 -6 tablespoons chili powder
- Saute ground beef, onions and green pepper until no pink remains in the ground beef.
- Mix beef mixture, tomato sauce and chili powder in a large pot, cover and cook over medium low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add kidney beans (do not drain) and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until ready to eat.
a very good basic chil, good for cold days.
Very easy to make and we all loved it. I had 500gms ground beef so just added one can of tomato sauce, and as we dont like too much chili sesoning I only added 1 tablespoon of chili powder, and that was enough for us. Thanks for sharing.
The instructions don't mention when to add the chilli, so I give only 4 stars. I added it together with the tomato sauce and as of now the dish isn't ready yet, so will see what comes out of it.