Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Thanks Astra for your recipe.. we love it.
- 60 g butter
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g mincemeat
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on your taste)
- 4 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 (440 g) cans red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in pan, add onions and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Stir in beef and cook stirring for 10 minutes.
- Mix together chilli powder, tomato paste and cumin and stir into beef.
- Add kidney beans, salt, pepper and stock.
- Cover and cook in oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
Lovely hearty meal!!! I changed the receipe slightly by adding three more teaspoons of chilli as we like it hot!! Definately going to keep this one in the collection as it was so easy to make and was by far the tastiest chilli we'd had