Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From my little "Low Fat Mexican Recipes" cookbook comes this gem of a recipe. It's a great accompaniment to tacos and burritos. this is also a great filling for tortillas.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 bell pepper, red (seeded and cut into large chunks)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 potatoes (cut into large chunks)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- In a large pot, brown meat in oil.
- Sprinkle and stir in flour.
- Add pepper, onion and potatoes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours or until meat is tender.