Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not perfect, but a starting point for a fabulous dish. I'd love for it to be closer to the authentic dish.
- 1 lb steak, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- flour tortilla
- Brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Add water, black beans, tomatoes, chilies, oregano & pepper.
- Bring to a boil & simmer for an hour (until sauce is thickened).
- Serve with tortillas.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa, and/or cheese.