Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but am putting it here for safe-keeping. Prep time, does not include the time it takes for the cheeses to come to room temp.
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- chili powder
- Place velveeta cheese and cream cheese in large bowl, let come to room temperature.
- Mix cheeses well.
- Add nuts, garlic powder and salt. Mix well.
- Shape into a ball or log, roll in chili powder.
- Wrap in foil and chill until firm.
- Serve with crackers.
This is sooooo good! A co-worker brought this to work and nobody could stop eating it! It is the weirdest ingredients ever, and you would never guess it's the same finished product. Thanks for posting!
My family has been making this for years. It is a tradition any time we have snackies. I chill the logs briefly before rolling in ground red New Mexico Chimayo chile. They also freeze very well!