Recipe by Broke Newlywed
I found this recipe on About.com. Very simple. Sounds like a crowd pleaser.
Top Review by gertc96
This was a definite winner with the kids in my house. They loved it for a quick lunch this weekend. I didn't change a thing except I used sharp chedder instead of regular and I used chili with no beans. This will be made again. Thank so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup chili
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2 inch slivers. Add to skillet and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet.
- While oil is heating, assemble quesadillas: Place 1-2 tbsp chilli onto one half of each quesadilla. Top with hot dog slivers, tsp ketchup, and 1/3 cup of cheese, and fold.
- Transfer quesadillas to skillet, one at a time. Brown on both sides until cheese is melted.