Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an hors d'ourve that makes a marvelous snack or even lunch entree, as well. This is much like a crustless quiche, It is nutritious and not too picante -- a delicious and satisfying blend of 2 kinds of cheese with chilies and other things, all of which make a happy mouth. And remember: happy mouth, happy you!
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until light -- 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; add to eggs and mix well.
- Fold in the cheeses and chilies (and olives, if used).
- Turn into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into small squares; serve hot as appetizers. Leftovers are good cold, also. Serve as a snack or as part of a luncheon dish.
This was my favorite "holiday" dish when I was a child. I haven't seen the recipe for it since my Mom passed away many years ago. These are so good and bring back many fond memories!