I know I may be weird, but I love canned chili. This recipe jazzes it up a little and is one of my favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread (1 lb.)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- 2Place cut sides up on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- 3In a bowl, mix together the beans, chili, spaghetti sauce, garlic, salt and pepper; spread mixture evenly over the bread.
- 4Top with tomatoes and green onions.
- 5Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 7Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Bread
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 1034.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g