Recipe by ErikaNY
I had this recipe in my 'to try' binder - when I went looking through Zaar to see if it already existed, I saw something similar... but not quite. So decided to post my version. My husband and I had it for dinner tonight and it was delicious! It was wonderful paired with mashed potatoes since the chops made a rich "gravy" of sorts that was good on top of them. The combo sounds a little on the odd side (the marinade), but they go very well together in the end! Enjoy! (preparation time includes 4 hours marinading time)
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Hunts BBQ Original)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the salad dressing, barbecue sauce and chili powder; mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade into a large resealable sandwich or storage bag; add the pork chops.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at LEAST 1 hour (but 3-4 hours preferred). Cover and refrigerate leftover marinade.
- When done marinating, drain and discard the marinade from the pork.
- In a large non-stick skillet, coated with non-stick cooking spray, brown chops on both sides over medium heat; drain if needed.
- Add reserved marinade to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!