Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is excellent as a leftover as well. Serve it with a guacamole salad or fruit salad. It's also great cold or on a picnic.
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup roasted green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix together rice, chili, cheese, onion, and cumin.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly, and pat dry. Cut a slit in each breast to create a pouch that is open on one side only. Stuff each chicken breast with rice filling.
- Coat each stuffed breast with beaten egg, then coat in potato flakes and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until juices run clear. If the breasts dry out too quickly, cover loosely with a piece of foil.
That was awesome! Cheap, easy, and filling. I'm recommending this to everyone.