Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Consistency is thick. Add tomato juice or water to make more "soupy".
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can onion soup
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add onion soup and let simmer.
- In crock pot mix remaining ingredients then add ground beef mixture.
- Simmer in crock pot for two or more hours.
Best Chili Ever! The only thing I changed was I use dry onion soup mix and 2 pounds of beef. About 3 cans of chili beans too. Other than upping quantity, this is forever going to be mine and my family's favorite! Thanks for sharing!
This was a really wonderful and easy recipe. I made a couple changes - I used ground turkey instead of beef and used one onion and a cup of water in place of the soup (couldn't find onion soup at the grocery store). This is my go-to chili recipe!
This was OK for us. The onion soup really gave it a different taste. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I only used one tablespoon of chili powder because I don't like things too spicy.