Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my good friend, Karen Lopez.
- 7 pieces sourdough bread
- 4 eggs, whole
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine
- Butter both sides of sourdough bread. Lay in bottom of 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, mix eggs until frothy. Add milk. Mix until combined. Add can of chilies (do not drain). Stir to combine.
- Pour over top of bread, ensuring the chilies are distributed evenly. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.