1/2 Photos of Chile Relleno Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
A friend of mine made something similar to this a few years back for breakfast. It was so good I had to have the recipe. This is definitely one of my savory favorites. Thanks Linda for sharing your recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2Beat half & half, 4 eggs and flour until smooth.
- 3Split whole chilis open, clean seeds off and drain on paper towl.
- 4Mix cheese, reserving 3/4 cup for top.
- 5Make alternate layers chilies first, remaining cheese, and egg mixture in a deep 1-1/2 qt baking dish or a 9x13 casserole dish and repeat. Pour tomato sauce over top.
- 6Sprinkle with reserved cheese.Cover with foil, bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 15 min without foil or until cooked in center.
- 7Let rest 10 minutes to set before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Relleno Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 699.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 24.5 g