I was given this recipe by my hostess on a recent trip to Australia. The flavours are amazingly rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg roma tomatoes, ripe
- 150 ml olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 25 g ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 7 small fresh red chilies, stems removed
- 1/4 cup cumin seed
- 1/4 cup black mustard seeds
- 200 ml red wine vinegar
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1Rub whole tomatoes with olive oil, place in a roasting pan and roast at 350°F for 20 minutes or until soft.
- 2Combine garlic, ginger, chilies, cumin, mustard seeds and vinegar in a food processor and process until finely chopped and well combined.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large heavy based saucepan. Add tomatoes, fish sauce, sugar and turmeric. Simmer over low heat for 11/2 - 2 hours or until thick and jammy.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in coriander.
- 5Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal while hot.
- 6Keeps in the refrigerator 1 month.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Jam
Serving Size: 1 (3007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 835.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 45.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: