Raspberry Green Chile Jam
A zingy twist on raspberry jam from the University of New Mexico. Try this on your morning toast, as a glaze on chicken or pork or over a brick of cream cheese and served with crackers.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups raspberries (either fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups green chili peppers, seeded and chopped (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably the bottled kind)
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- Combine raspberries, green chile, pectin, water, and lemon juice in an 8-quart non-stick pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Return mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace.
- Place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting processing time for elevation as necessary.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I recently purchased Habaneros and raspberries, came across this recipe and thought why not!<br/>I used 24 ounces of fresh raspberries packed into a to 4 cups. 4 cups sugar not the 6 using low sugar pectin, 1 cup minced habaneros that was 21 chili`s. And added a sliver of butter to cut the foam. This is super hot stuff just the way DH likes it! Thanks Molly!1Reply