Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A New Mexican favorite meatless dish often eaten during Lent when traditional Catholics abstained from meat dishes. Quoted from the Bueno foods website. Another delicious chile - red or green! NOTE recipe calls for Bueno frozen red chile, but Zaar does not recognize this. It is not whole peppers....as might seem implied here. http://www.giftbasketsjust4u.com/pubs-us-bin/giftbasketsjustforyou/GBJstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Frozen%20Chile
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) containerbueno frozen red chili peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Fry potatoes in oil, stirring frequently, until golden.
- Add red chile and garlic; Blend well.
- Pour in water, add salt and oregano then bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! ;).