Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a co-worker
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 fresh long red chili pepper, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (200 g) New York strip steaks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
for the coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- Combine barbecue and Worcestershire sauces, honey,chili, garlic clove, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Add the beef, and coat in honey mixture.
- Cook beef on heated grill, or barbecue until browned on both sides and cooked as desired.
- To make the coleslaw, whisk together vinegar, and mayonnaise in a large bowl.'.
- Add cabbages, carrot, and green onions, and toss gently.
- Serve steaks with coleslaw.
I think this marinade/sauce would be really good on burgers. I'm going to try it on them one day. I made these steaks on the grill tonight, and for some reason the flavor was a bit off. I'm not sure if it was the steaks, or the sauce on the steaks. The sauce was good in the bowl...the mix between spicy and sweet is very good. Thanks for posting! I made this for PRMR tag.