Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is popular in the Middle East.
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- salt, to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl until well blended.
- Serve at room temperature.
I also added few tomatoes and white onions. Quick, easy and nutricious - if you remove the olive oil, the calorie count from fat will be much lower.
This is really good. I made ours without the cayenne pepper out of preference and used dark Lebanese olives that are quite salty and strong tasting which went well with the chickpeas. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.