Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted in response to a request. This vegetarian salad sounds wonderful, though I have yet to try it for myself. Times are estimated
- 20 ounces canned chick-peas, drained
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped (apricots and golden raisins)
- 2 cloves elephant garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 ounces precooked tender couscous, drained
- 4 ounces edam cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch watercress, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 red leaf lettuce
- Combine watercress, sunflower oil, lime juice and red lettuce leaves.
- Arrange red lettuce salad on a salad platter.
- Combine chickpeas, dried fruit, elephant garlic, lime juice, thyme, salt, cayenne pepper, couscous and Edam cheese cubes.
- Mix well.
- Spoon chickpea mixture onto lettuce salad.
- Chill for 1/2 hour and serve cold with soft buttered rolls.