Couscous, Chickpea & Cranberry Salad
This is wonderful Rose Reisman salad, it's great as a side but I'll usually make it for a light lunch.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Bring stock to a boil in small saucepan and stir in couscous and curry powder, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl to let cool.
- Stir chickpeas, cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, and basil into the couscous.
- For the dressing, mix together the olive oil, orange juice, orange rind, honey and garlic.
- Pour over couscous and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I only had a quick taste as I made this for the DM and DS but we had a few hiccups in that I didn't have any capsicum/bell pepper so deseeded half a tomato and used the flesh to replace but otherwise made as directed making the couscous mix int he morning and pouring the dressing over just before serving. Thank you Kelly in TO, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.1Reply
see 5 more