Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cottage Living Magazine (March 2005). The original recipe also includes instructions to sear a tuna steak to accompany this, so that would be a good addition if you'd like.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cover mixture, and chill.
The first time I made this just as written and was very good indeed. Next two times used this as a base but left out olive oil and added pasta shells, 2 small cans tuna, drained, chopped tomatoe and about 3 chopped scallions, including green, and enough Caesar Vinaigrette Salad dressing to coat well. Thanks Kburie,
This was really good. The lemon zest really gave it a zing. I didn't drain the marinade from the artichoke hearts, and it kind of made the salad soupy. But still very good.
Yummy!!!!! This is so easy and so tasty, I can't believe it. I will be making this often. Thank you for the wonderful, easy to make dish!